Annandale High School
4700 Medford Drive
Annandale, Virginia 22003
, Chapter Advisor
Tri-M is a music honor society under the sponsorship and supervision of The National Association for Music Education (NAfME).
The purpose of this organization is to inspire music participation, create enthusiasm for scholarship, stimulate a desire
to render service, and promote leadership in the music students of secondary schools.
Membership Criteria—Candidates are selected from school music students that exhibit exceptional scholarship, leadership,
service, and character. Tri-M member consideration is not limited to any one segment of a music program (band, chorus, etc.).
Candidates must complete the membership application and receive a unanimous vote of the music faculty at Annandale High School.
- Music Participation—Candidates must have been enrolled in, and successfully completed, a school-sponsored Music Ensemble and/or class for at least one semester.
- Academic Achievement—Candidates must have maintained for the previous semester at least a 4.0 grade point average music classes,
with at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average including all other academic subjects.
- Leadership—Leadership roles in both school and community may be considered as long as they can be verified.
- Service—Service roles in both school and community may be considered as long as they can be verified. Service activities include any actions undertaken by the
student that are done with or on behalf of others without any direct financial or material compensation to the individual performing the service.
- Character—For Tri-M consideration, character is considered, but judgment will be free of speculation and rumor. One description of character is a person
who demonstrates respect, responsibility, trustworthiness, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
- Dues—Annual dues for members in good standing are $20. Dues will be collected after membership is established and are not to be submitted at the time of application. Financial hardship should not deter any student from applying; arrangements will be on a case by case basis.
- Non-Selection—Tri-M membership is an honor bestowed upon a student as a privilege, not a right. Possession of the minimum academic standards does not guarantee admission.
Interested students should fill out the a membership application and return it to Mr. Witkowski’s office, room 333C. Applications are due Thursday, November 13th.
For more information, go to the Tri-M web page.